:^D *this blog may not format correctly on PC's

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Suspiria on the windy rooftop!


The other week at the rooftop cinema (one of my local hotspots over the warmer months) my good friend Michael Kucyk presented Dario Argento's horror spectalia Suspiria. Although I have seen the cult classic many many times( I wrote my final cinema studies essay on this bad boy and scored a *whoop* 83/100), I still enjoy watching it, especially on the big screen! Amidst all the 'soft-gore' the film boasts heaps of pro's like: super art deco furniture and Baroque architecture, subtle sexy 70's ballet/dance outfits,  hot psychedelic soundtrack by Italian group Goblin and omits the standard americano horror-narrative structure... PLUS PLUS- the film (along with Tenebre) was the inspiration for one of my brightest buddies fashion collections...Dress Up!






























Here's a clip from the start, not for kids sorrrrry!
Look out for the Disney colours:



* Images: Tristan Ceddia for NIMH, Dress Up By Stephanie Downey  Collection 'After Dark', Still from Suspiria.. x